Say goodbye to plastic wrap and tin foil forever and store your food naturally with this KIT.
For thousands of years until now people have been using beeswax as a natural food preservative.
Colina´s Bees Wrap keeps food fresh and is made with 100% biodegradable materials like beeswax and cotton. They are beautiful, functional, reusable, economical, eco-friendly and easy to make.
- Preheat the oven to 80’C/170’F.
- Wrap a baking tray with tin foil.
- Place one of the Colina’s Bees Wrap pre cut fabric on the baking tray.
- Sprinkle evenly and lightly with grated beeswax. You don’t need a lot!
- Place in preheated oven (be careful when you open a hot oven).
- Watch carefully! This should take some minutes.
- As soon as the beeswax is just melted, remove from oven (be careful, the baking tray is hot, wear oven mitts).
- Hang with clothes pegs, to dry. Once cooled, you can use it!
- If you have a lot of wax left on the tin foil sheet, place another piece of fabric and it will absorb the extra wax.
Using Colina’s Bees Wrap
- Cover a glass storage containers
- Wrap cheese
- Cover the cut end of any fruit or vegetable
- You can make it into pocket to carry veggies and fruit
- Cover rising bread (insulating & breathable)
- Cover raw meat on a dish.
- You can make it into a snack bag
Colina’s Bees Wrap care
- Hand wash Colina’s Bees Wrap in COLD WATER with an eco-friendly soap and air dry.
- Store Colina’s Bees Wrap rolled, folded or flat
- Colina’s Bees Wrap will last several months or more depending on usage
- Compost Colina’s Bees Wrap at the time of its disposable
Always wear oven mitts when you handle the hot baking tray!
The baking tray and tin foil get very hot!